|Este artículo es un esbozo. Puedes ayudar a completar el artículo .|
Descripción[editar | editar código]
Los Titanes son un grupo de Jefes únicos en el juego que podrás encontrar en la Tierra Corrupta de la expansión "Extinction". Son criaturas que hacen que casi cualquier jefe del juego parezca pequeño en tamaño, y que superan enormemente su poder. Como Jefe que tras su invocación, aparecerá moviéndose aleatoriamente por el mapa, solo puede invocarse desde zonas específicas activando la terminal que se encuentra en las profundidades de la cueva adecuada. Tras esto, aparecerán en el mapa. A diferencia de otros jefes, estas criaturas sí pueden ser domesticadas al erradicar la corrupción que emerge de su cuerpo. De igual manera, y también de forma diferente a otros jefes, aparecerán a nivel 1000 o superior, en lugar de a nivel 1 (y ganarán, además, una mejora de nivel dependiendo de la eficiencia de domesticado). Esto es imposible para cualquier otra criatura del juego que pueda domesticarse, a menos que se empleen trucos. Esto significa que si solo quieres invocar al jefe para matarlo, los métodos tradicionales (como rodearlo de Tiranosaurios Rex, Giganotosaurios o Tericinosaurios no funcionará, dado que sus ataques cuerpo a cuerpo son mucho más devastadores que cualquier de los otros jefes con los que estas estrategias podría funcionar, llegando al punto de que podrían matarlos de un golpe si no tienes cuidado y usas una montura adecuada o si no tienen resistencias naturales.
Una vez que se haya expulsado la corrupción de un Titán, caerá insconsciente. Ahora, el jugador necesita acercarse al Titán y montarse en él con una Montura Tek con Plataforma que ya estará pre-equipada en la criatura. Excepto el Rey Titán, todos los demás Titanes pueden ser domesticados de forma permanente al jugar en modo Un Jugador. Otro aspecto importante es que los Titanes no pueden subir de nivel o ganar EXP de ninguna manera, es decir, que permanecerán siempre al nivel al que los derrotaste/domesticaste. Antes de la Versión 287.110, los Titanes podían ser alimentados con Pienso para prevenir que murieran por falta de alimento.
Each Titan requires different type of strategies when removing the corruption if the survivor intends to tame them, as the corrupting tumor spawns at random spots on the Titan whenever another tumor is destroyed or after a set period of time. This, alongside each Titan's different attack patterns, makes it imperative to prepare accordingly. Also, the Titans remain within the center of their respective summon locations (except for the Desert Titan). If they move too far from it, not only will they start to move back, their health will quickly regenerate.
Transferring of Titan is possible, but is only permitted within the first few hours after its tamed. Thereafter, it is no longer transferrable. If the Titan is unclaimed and claimed by another tribe, or recently transferred, it will lose all its food and start starving.
Características de los Titanes[editar | editar código]
En la historia, los Titanes son las criaturas que originaron el apocalipsis del mundo. Son criaturas de un enorme tamaño, mucho mayor que el del resto de criaturas vivas, y su poder es inigualable. Son la razón por la que se construyeron los Arks, donde se pretendía entrenar a los supervivientes para que pudieran derrotarlos y recuperaran el planeta de su dominio y de la Corrupción. Sin embargo, el hecho de que los Titanes estén hechos de puro Elemento es el motivo por el cual los Arks no han podido descender hasta el planeta, obligándolos a permanecer en el espacio. Los Titanes son también las únicas criaturas que se consideran "amenazas de nivel Omega" (lo que básicamente significa que su poder es suficiente como para causar otro apocalipsis).
Los Titanes son diferentes en varios aspectos importantes:
- Siempre aparecerán con un nivel superior al 999.
- Siempre tendrán un tamaño gigantesco.
- Siempre tendrán rasgos físicos con cierto tipo de bioluminiscencia.
- En cuanto a su papel en la historia, no han sido creados a partir de los Arks, a diferencia de otros jefes.
- Siempre aparecerán en el mundo, y no en arenas de batalla específicas.
- No tienen variantes clasificadas por color según su dificultad.
- Están completamente compuestas de Elemento.
- Sus ataques pueden matar de un golpe a más de la mitad de las criaturas de Ark.
Uno de estos titanes, el Rey Titán, tiene una serie de rasgos característicos que lo hacen incluso más mortífero que los otros titanes. Por ejemplo, puede controlar a las criaturas corruptas (a excepción de los Velonasaurios, los Gasbags, los Gachas, los Búhos de las Nieves, Managarm y Rockwell), lo cual incluso incluye a los otros titanes. Además, puede mejorarse usando Elemento y hacerse aún más poderoso, haciendo que cuente con varios "niveles de dificultad" (sin embargo, el jefe sigue contando simplemente como "Titán" a efectos de categorización de la criatura).
Why there are different categories of Bosses[editar | editar código]
I made this tab just to clear up confusion within the community as to why Bosses are separated into categories and what makes them fit into a certain category while not fitting into others.
There are 3 main categories of Bosses within Ark that branch out specifically because of lore and gameplay.
Do note that all of them regardless of category are all bosses and do share afew similarities such as Health Bars and having Trophy Heads however they are categorized for much deeper reasons both gameplay and story wise.
- Ark Bosses are the bosses used on The Island, Scorched Earth and Aberration all of which are within separate Arks and in lore are used specifically to help train survivors to ascend to earth to help kill the Titans and cleanse the Corruption and were created as a result of the Titans decimating the planet, they all share the trait of being fought within a arena, they all have difficulty, and they all are fought within a Ark just to name afew key features.
- Titans are massive and powerful creatures and are the cause for the story of Ark as they along with a army of corrupted creatures killed billions of humans forcing them to retreat, they are different as all of them spawn above level 999 and are world bosses, they all also share the trait of being massive in size.
- Master AI and the Master Controller are creatures used within the Genesis Simulation and are more closer to the traditional Ark Bosses as just like the Ark Bosses the Master AI and Master Controller are also used to help humanity however they are separate from Ark Bosses as they are used for a different purpose called "The Arrival" whereas Ark Bosses are used to train survivors to eliminate the Titans and Corruption and they are not used within a Ark but instead the Genesis Simulation of which the Master AI control their own respective maps and the Master Controller seems to oversee everything that happens and has alot of control over the Genesis Simulation however it does not have total control like how the Overseers have over the Arks.
List of Titans[editar | editar código]
Actualmente hay cuatro Titanes en el juego:
Notes[editar | editar código]
- The Titans have the largest number of people killed in Arks lore outmatching everything else as:
- They nearly wiped out the entire planet killing billions of people and pushed them to the point of causing the remaining survivors to create the Arks and flee the earth in order to avoid Extinction (pun not intended) which this point in and of itself is enough to give them the highest kill count within Arks lore alone.
- They killed off countless survivors who made it to the planet after they were chosen by the Overseers to help attempt to kill off the Titans and cleanse the earth of Corruption.
- They killed almost every single Survivor within Camp Omega in their initial attack (they would later go on to kill off the people who survived the attack all except for Helena who is the only person for certain we know survived).
- They killed Santiago who sacrificed himself fighting off an army of Titans and Corrupted Creatures to buy the other survivors time to escape.
- They possibly killed Mei Yin and Diana
- In Ark chronology, they may not be dead because the duo managed to arrive at Arat Prime to immediately send Helena into the Genesis Simulation, who made HLNA the moment she was inside, all in quick succession.
- The 4 Titans are inspired by Kaiju franchises such as Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Gamera, Ultraman and etc.
- This is evidenced by their internal spawn names involving kaiju, their immense size and power, and the fact that their counter is the meks which references the genre and how mechs often fight kaiju (such as pacific rim with the jaegers and the Godzilla Franchise with MechaGodzilla).
- The King Titan is shown in the Extinction Expansion Pack to be capable of powering himself making himself stronger and even changing his form by transforming into the Alpha King Titan however it's unknown if the other Titans are capable of using this ability or if it's just exclusively a power for the King Titan.
- The Ice Titan was shown in the trailer for Extinction and more information was given during one of the Community Livestreams.
- The Forest Titan was shown in the first Extinction teaser image for Extinction Chronicles IV.
- Developers have confirmed that Titans are temporary tames (1 day).
- All Titans are classed as "Wild", unlike any of the other Bosses. After taming, based on the damaged done to the Titan, its prefix changes to "Gamma", "Beta" or "Alpha" (or none at all) next to its original name.
- Prior to this, the stat it possessed was based on how much Health it had left, but due to its quick regeneration upon strafing too far from the center point of summon, it was easily exploitable.
- Before v287.100 its lifetime was 5 days.
- The King Titan is classified along with the other 3 Titans in both lore and gameplay, though due to its inability to be tamed and its vastly superior strength and girth, it is sometimes accidentally considered to be a Boss. It is however false as:
- The King Titan has only 2 variations whereas every other boss has had 3.
- Furthermore the Alpha King Titan variant is not like the typical Alpha Boss variant as Alpha Bosses are always red in appearance and the Alpha King Titan instead is purple and drastically different in appearance compared to the usual color change that Alpha Bosses have appearing more like a mechanized version of the King Titan.
- Even moreso it's explained in the lore that the King Titan is capable of powering itself making itself stronger as hinted in it's Mecha King Titan dossier which states "Even at his most powerful, fully augmented by the Element that spawned him" as opposed to the Bosses on the Arks which can't power themselves and are summoned and changed by the survivor (if they are even the same creature or just more powerful variations created by the Arks and each Guardian we fight is a entirely new Guardian as opposed to the same one).
- Unlike all the Bosses the King Titan does not have a arena (which is one of the signature traits for normal bosses) but is instead open world.
- The other 3 Titans are also open world instead of in a arena.
- The only exception to this is the Broodmother on Valguero however it is a mod map and not a official story map like The Island, Scorched Earth, Aberration, Extinction, Genesis: Part 1 and Genesis: Part 2.
- Has "Titan" in its name.
- The lore states it to clearly be one of the Titans as Titans caused the apocalypse on earth whereas bosses are used on Arks to train survivors to take on the Titans and corrupted creatures.
- On top of that it's the cause for the apocalypse as it controls all the Titans and Corrupted Creatures whereas the Ark Bosses are ultimately helping humanity train to take on the Titans.
- The "superior strength and girth" is more a trait of the Titans due to their massive size and power and not the Ark Bosses.
- This is also supported in that any of the Titans can easily defeat any of the Bosses in a 1 on 1 fight and tower over every boss with the exception of Rockwell and Moeder as only the King Titan is bigger than Rockwell and Moeder.
- The King Titan is untameable due to its intelligence and power, whereas most of the Ark Bosses from the previous maps are simulations interconnected with the Arks themselves rather than actual creatures, and aren't supposed to be tamable because they are used to test the survivors' strength. Ragnarok's mini bosses are also untameable.
- This is also supported with Rockwell as he has a mind of his own and is very powerful due to injecting himself with element, merging with the Aberration Ark becoming a Overseer and also being highly intelligent as well however he is untamable.
- The King Titan also always spawns above level 999 which is a Signature Trait for the Titans.
- The only other thing that spawns above level 999 which isn't a Titan is the Mega Mek which always spawns at level 1500.
- The title of the Titans being the strongest bosses (gameplay wise) may become contested with the release of Genesis: Part 1 and new great bosses such as Moeder, Master of the Ocean.
- in the dossiers it is mentioned that there were once far more Titans and considering all the Titans in Extinction are vastly different from one another it can be assumed that every Titan was unique in it's own way (Ex: Fire Titan, Water Titan, etc).
- The more numerous Titans were as tall and big as the in-game Mek and Mei Yin called them "lesser devils". Mei Yin also mentions that there are giant Titans bigger than her Mek but they were smaller than the in-game Titans.
- When taming, the corruption on its body will have a purple hit marker, opposed to a red hit marker when the titan itself is hit. This can he helpful when taming the titan on official, where you cannot have floating damage text.
- In the explorer notes, The One Who Waits #16 states how the Titans are made of Element, pieces of its consciousness, and how they figuratively symbolize Element's "ravenous hunger and endless hatred". This is seen when the three Titans appear out of thin air and a purple substance materializes them in their respective Proto-ARKs after you summoned them from their respective caves. This also applies to the King Titan who takes a much longer time to materialize in its arena.
- In Diana's Extinction log note #18-19, the ARKs haven't fallen yet because it is blocked by a protocol called "Element Toxicity Rating". The ARKs are capable of removing element but the density it is present on the planet is too high. That density is coming from the Titans who are crazily spreading element across the planet's surface in order for the chemical to make more titans.
- This also shows the power of the Titans as in Extinction only 4 Titans were left on the planet and they were still keeping all the Arks in space still despite their being only 4 of them left, granted they were among the largest and strongest of the Titans however it still shows their immense power to maintain a planet's worth of element.
- In the ARKs, it is just an observation but in each ARK a survivor goes through, they soon meet and face the apex predator of the respective ARK. All of the apex predators except the Alpha predators have traits similar to the 4 Titans of Extinction. It is as if the survivor has to find a way to deal with each one by themselves and be able to tame each one. Each predator alone is extremely dangerous to approach, much less killing one and all of them require creative methods in order to tame one. All three of them also make the backbone of the Corrupted, as most of them are common in the most dangerous areas of the Wasteland as Corrupted Creatures.
- The Giganotosaurus-the apex predators of the Island, the giga ravages everything in its path with no regard of what it is sinking its fangs into. The giga is the strongest of the 3 ARK apex predators in terms of raw damage. This is similar to the Ice Titan which acts like a wild animal and turns its attention to anything. Both have a short burst of speed where the giga has low stamina but quick running speed and the Ice Titan has jumping to make up its speed.
- The Wyvern-the apex predators of Scorched Earth, the wyvern uses its already deadly bite along with its long range, yet devastating elemental attacks while flying. The wyvern is the fastest of the 3 ARK apex predators in terms of speed. This is akin to the Desert Titan, which flies and uses lightning and its flocks to attack from a distance while also moving to any direction and location in a short time. It is given that both are able to fly.
- The Reaper-the apex predators of Aberration, the Reaper uses acid attacks and other forms of attacking to slow down and defeat its prey. It also has natural armor that is hard to penetrate without the use of Charge Light. The Reaper is the most durable and most flexible of the 3 ARK apex predators. This is similar to the Forest Titan which it uses vines to slow down and damage too, it significantly reduces damage due to its wooden body similarly to the Reapers natural armor. The Titan also uses poisonous trees that makes it difficult for survivors to move around similarly to how Reapers can create acid clouds making areas hazardous.
- Each of them are unchallenged or have very few challengers on their respective ARKs and the Mek rivals all three since it is a balance of power, speed and armor. A mek can potentially take each one down in a 1v1 situation.
- Finally the Guardians and Overseers with in specific the Overseers could be used to prepare survivors for the King Titan due to having multiple variations based on difficulty which is similar to how the King Titan can make itself stronger by augmenting itself with more element and moreso the Overseers due to their ability to transform like how the King Titan can transform into a mechanized version of itself. They also tend to summon and control minions similarly to how the King Titan controls the other Titans and Corrupted Creatures.