Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|This creature, item or feature is announced but not yet released.|
To see the features that are released soon, see the Patch Notes.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Combat
- 3 Taming
- 4 Utility
- 5 Spotlight
- 6 Notes/Trivia
- 7 References
Basic Info[editar | editar código]
Dossier[editar | editar código]
- Wild: Since arriving on the Island, I have encountered dozens of fascinating creatures whose behavior has never been studied or documented... and also sheep. Granted, Ovis arcam is quite different from the modern domesticated sheep - and even from wild sheep species such as Ovis orientalis.
- Domesticated: Some survivors have found herds of Ovis to be useful in farm life. Their thick wool can be repeatedly safely sheared with the proper tools, and cooked lambchops are a popular dish among some tribes, as is their hyper-nutritious mutton. Every now and then, a survivor with a sense of humor will attempt to utilize Ovis as a mount, since it can clamber up steeper inclines than many other animals. Although, the joke becomes significantly less amusing once their slow ride is run-down by a pack of Raptors. One tribe has grown particularly attached to Ovis, perhaps uncomfortably so, I don't know the tribe's actual name, but I refer to them as "The Sheep Lovers".
- Known information: The unique markings on its face give it a striking appearance, and the males' horns possess a unique shape that is unlike any other species in the Ovis genus. As one might expect, Ovis stands little chance against this Island's many predators. As with the Dodo, its continued survival in the face of these severe challenges is a mystery.
Behavior[editar | editar código]
Appearance[editar | editar código]
Patrones de Color por Región
La información sobre Ovis's es actualmente desconocida, porque aún no se ha lanzado y no está disponible en el juego.
Drops[editar | editar código]
Base Stats and Growth[editar | editar código]
Note that creatures will have different stats in Survival of the Fittest
|Attribute||Amount at Level 1||Increase per point||Taming Bonus|
1Percentages are based on the value of the stat the moment the creature was tamed (after taming effectiveness)
2The absolute Base Damage is shown here instead of the percentage.
3Wild creatures do not level up movement speed
4Torpidity increases every level on wild creatures, but can not be increased once they are tamed.
|Movement Type||Base Speed||Sprinting|
- These are the base speeds of the creature at 100% Movement Speed
- For a comparison of the speeds of all creatures, see Base Creature Speeds
|Base||Minimum||Activation||Using the (PC), (PS4), (Xbox One), the Ovis headbutts the target. The target's Torpor will increase by an amount equal to the damage dealt over 5 seconds. This effects stacks with each hit from a wild Ovis, however attacks from a tamed Ovis stack up to two times for a maximum of 10 seconds torpor debuff.|
|Attack Type||Projectile Values||Torpor Values|
|Impulse||Radius||Base||Mult||Duration||Damage Mult||Amount||Duration||Damage Mult||Amount|
Combat[editar | editar código]
General[editar | editar código]
Strategy[editar | editar código]
Weaponry[editar | editar código]
Dangers[editar | editar código]
Weakness[editar | editar código]
Taming[editar | editar código]
Preferred Food[editar | editar código]
KO Strategy[editar | editar código]
Utility[editar | editar código]
Roles[editar | editar código]
Collectibles[editar | editar código]
Spotlight[editar | editar código]
Notes/Trivia[editar | editar código]
For information pertaining specifically to the real-world Ovis, see the relevant Wikipedia article
- Dino Dossier revealed on 12/26/2016.
- Although their temperament is listed as "stupid", real sheep are believed to be almost as intelligent as pigs, which themselves are believed to be as smart as chimpanzees.
- Interestingly, the dossier for Ovis features two different taxonomic names - one being Ovis Aries (the officially acknowledged name), and the other being Ovis Arcam. Perhaps this indicates another similar animal yet to be announced, or is a nod toward the sexual dimorphism displayed in the contrast between the ewe (female) and ram (male) in the dossier. Then again, similar errors have been made in dossiers before (such as the Dodo dossier).