Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|This creature, item or feature is announced but not yet released.|
To see the features that are released soon, see the Patch Notes.
Basic Info[editar | editar código]
Dossier[editar | editar código]
This dossier section is intended to be an exact copy of the text in the official dossier. There may be some discrepancies between this text and the in-game Leedsichthys.
- Wild: Leedsichthys conviviumbrosia is probably the largest fish in the waters around the island. Its meat is also extremely succulent, a surprise given its size. It is often traded with the same value as Prime Meat, and colloquially called 'Prime Fish'. Of course, not all of Leedsichthys' meat is this high quality, but most of it is!
- Domesticated: Despite its large size, and the fact that it may well be strong enough to carry heavy loads, Leedsichthys does not appear to be intelligent enough to tame. Never the less, some large tribes keep an enormous pen with a few Leedsichthys trapped inside for cultivating purposes, as bits of Prime Fish can be repeatedly scraped off the gargantuan beast without killing it!
- Known Information: While the demand for Leedsichthys meat is high, the fish is notoriously difficult to track and hunt. Between its large size, powerful attacks, incredible speed (when it turns to flee), and humankind's general ineptitude on open water, actually killing a Leedsichthys is one of the Island's more difficult tasks. The hunt for an extremely elusive breed of the fish, the fabled 'Great Albino' Leedsichthys has been known to drive otherwise-sensible men and women mad with obsession, as if all evil were visibly personified and made practically assailable in this one creature.
Behavior[editar | editar código]
Appearance[editar | editar código]
The Leedsichthys is a spectacular sight for any deep-diving survivor. Nothing less than an enormous fish, the beast's cavernous maw is capable of swallowing humans whole (thankfully, the creature only feeds on minuscule fish and plankton). Its head bears light armoring to protect itself from Mosasaurus and a powerful tail capable of turning rafts into splinters propels it through the open ocean. The beast is so vast that bits of its flesh can be scraped off its body without seriously injuring it - a tactic that survivors use along with small water predators.
Patrones de Color por Región
La información sobre Leedsichthys's es actualmente desconocida, porque aún no se ha lanzado y no está disponible en el juego.
Drops[editar | editar código]
Base Stats and Growth[editar | editar código]
Note that creatures will have different stats in Survival of the Fittest
|Attribute||Amount at Level 1||Increase per point|
1Percentages are based on the value of the stat the moment the creature was tamed (after taming effectiveness)
2The absolute Base Damage is shown here instead of the percentage.
3Wild creatures do not level up movement speed
4Torpidity increases every level on wild creatures, but can not be increased once they are tamed.
|Movement Type||Base Speed||Sprinting|
- These are the base speeds of the creature at 100% Movement Speed
- For a comparison of the speeds of all creatures, see Base Creature Speeds
|Base||Minimum||Activation||The Leedsichthys bites the target.|
|Attack Type||Projectile Values||Torpor Values|
|Impulse||Radius||Base||Mult||Duration||Damage Mult||Amount||Duration||Damage Mult||Amount|
Utility[editar | editar código]
The Leedsichthys cannot be tamed, but can be harvested for "Raw Prime Fish."
Spotlight[editar | editar código]
Combat[editar | editar código]
This section describes how to fight against the Leedsichthys.
General[editar | editar código]
Strategy[editar | editar código]
Weaponry[editar | editar código]
Dangers[editar | editar código]
Weakness[editar | editar código]
Notes/Trivia[editar | editar código]
For information pertaining specifically to the real-world Leedsichthys, see the relevant Wikipedia article
- The dossier was revealed on November 16, 2015.
- The "Great Albino Leedsichthys" mentioned in the dossier could potentially be hinting to a future boss creature in the ocean. However, it most likely is a reference to Herman Melville's novel, Moby Dick.
- Leedsicthys is believed by some scientists to be the largest bony fish that ever lived.
- The process of harvesting meat from it without killing it is a possible reference to the engineered food creatures in Dougal Dixon's Man After Man, or a scene in the BBC documentary series Chased by Sea Monsters where protagonist Nigel Marvin witnesses a still-living, albeit deathly ill, Leedsichthys having its flesh ripped off by small marine reptiles and sharks.
- The genus name of Leedsichthys means "Leed's Fish." It is named after the amateur paleontologist Alfred Nicholson Leeds, for his important finds on Leedsichthys.